Watney 3 master list
Here are the list of Watney issues that are targeting 5.11.0 to 5.12.0. These are generally speaking enhancing ParaView/ Catalyst's ability to do quantitative analysis. This is ongoing development.
Generally, this Watney list will focus on I/O, scripting cleanup and bugs/issues found in the Catalyst 2 API.
At Watney's request, I am reordering them by functional group.
- Selection. This is a limiting factor in everything we are doing for getting numbers out of ParaView, and highly coupled to the next item (Internal) because selection is how we identify objects.
- #19676 Extend Extract Cells by Region to include line or splice source - Important
- #19649 Select cells through in parallel does not trace correctly
- Internal to ParaView. How are objects labeled and referenced? Objects are cells and points, but also objects that ParaVew and VTK define or create such as streamlines. How do I find indices, what do they mean, and how can I use them to apply selection and filters to the desired objects?
- #19170 Document all of the block and id names - Required (should slip post 5.8 release)
- #19234 Clarifications and modifications to Global Ids - Important
- Reading and Writing from/to files. For now, the mechanism is writing csv files through either File/SaveData or Export on the Spreadsheet view, but a much more expansive interface should be developed.
Scripting issues. Critical for doing anything in Catalyst, and selections are not implemented in scripting so we can’t even get started on this area.
Other, self explanatory
- #19161 StreamTracer path length seems suspect - Important
- Build support. This includes Catalyst bugs and features, and SuperBuild support.
- Superbuild - paraview-superbuild#142 Add ability to compile LLVM static. - Important