Watney Master Issues for 5.9.0
Here are the list of Watney issues that are targetting 5.9.0. These are generally speaking enhancing ParaView/ Catalyst's ability to do quantitative analysis. This is onging development.
Milestone 5.8.0 Watney bugs are here: #19126 (closed).
At Watney's request, I am reordering them by functional group.
- Selection. This is a limiting factor in everything we are doing for getting numbers out of ParaView, and highly coupled to the next item (Internal) because selection is how we identify objects.
- #19676 Extend Extract Cells by Region to include line or splice source - Important
- #19406 Sources/ Ellipse misses one segment - Important
- #19649 Select cells through in parallel does not trace correctly
- Internal to ParaView. How are objects labeled and referenced? Objects are cells and points, but also objects that ParaVew and VTK define or create such as streamlines. How do I find indices, what do they mean, and how can I use them to apply selection and filters to the desired objects?
- #19128 cgns reader block ids messed up - Required
- #19170 Document all of the block and id names - Required (should slip post 5.8 release)
- #19661 Append Location Attributes filter crashes in Catalyst with muliblock dataset where leaves are structured - On Sandia's plate.
- #19117 CGNS bad in parallel with D3 filter - Important (probable slip to 5.9)
- #19234 Clarifications and modifications to Global Ids - Important
- Reading and Writing from/to files. For now, the mechanism is writing csv files through either File/SaveData or Export on the Spreadsheet view, but a much more expansive interface should be developed.
- #19073 Save data products on the client, or server, side - Nice to have
- #19454 add cgns reader globbing for batch
Scripting issues. Critical for doing anything in Catalyst, and selections are not implemented in scripting so we can’t even get started on this area.
Other, self explanatory
- #19161 StreamTracer path length seems suspect - Important
- Build support. This includes Catalyst bugs and features, and SuperBuild support.