LagrangianParticleTracker zero initial velocity
When using the lagrangian particle tracker, if the particle have a zero or low initial velocity, the first computed step will be wronlgy calculated if "adaptativeStepReintegration" is not set to true.
This is due to the way the tracker predict the size of the step (vtkLagrangianParticleTracker.cxx:940) One would need to guess the velocityMagnitude in a better way.
Reproduce (within paraview)
- Open ParaView
- Load LagrangianParticleTracker plugin
- Open flow.vtm from LagrangianParticleTracker data
- Add a LagrangianSeedHelper on the flow
- ParticleDensity : 1920, Particle Initial Velocity : 2,2,2 , Particle Diameter : 0.1, Apply
- Add a lagrangianParticleTracker on the flow, with seedHelper as seeds, apply
- ParticlePath are ok
- Change Particle Initial Velocity to 0.2,0.2,0.2, Apply
- First step is way too big
- Change Particle Initial Velocity to 0,0,0 , Apply
- First step is so big it goes out of domain directly
- On the LPT, check Adaptive Step Reintegration
- Particle Path are back, but not that perfect.