• miller86's avatar
    Short Description... · 8c240edb
    miller86 authored
    I fixed some issues with initialization of Silo library. I
    added sym-link to config-site dir for alderaan.
    
    M databases/Silo/avtSiloFileFormat.C
    A config-site/alderaan.llnl.gov.cmake
    
    Long Description...
    
    I fixed a problem with how DBForceSingle() was being handled in
    the Silo plugin. It was being called with argument of 1, turned
    ON that is, ONLY when the state variable, dontForceSingle was
    0. That means if you ever initially opened with default settings
    (e.g. dontForceSingle was zero), then if you changed it later
    to be OFF (e.g. dontForceSingle was non-zero), then it would
    just NOT call DBForceSingle. Now, it calls DBForceSingle() always
    and sets arg to !dontForceSingle. This is 'better' but reveals
    a broader problem though. The force single state of Silo is a
    setting that is global to the whole library. If two databases
    are opened one with the setting the one way and one with the
    setting the other, then the resultant behavior for BOTH databases
    will be whichever the setting was for the LAST opened database.
    What we need to do is have each Silo-based plugin (Vista, SAMI,
    Silo) maintain a local copy of Silo's global state and re-enumerate
    that to Silo just prior to doing any operations to read data in
    order to get completely correct behavior.
    
    
    git-svn-id: http://visit.ilight.com/svn/visit/trunk/src@9393 18c085ea-50e0-402c-830e-de6fd14e8384
    8c240edb
alderaan.llnl.gov.cmake 19 Bytes