Merged requested to merge utkarsh.ayachit/paraview:preview into master
This is a continuation of !1845 (closed)
We added "preview" mode to ParaView recently. This MR makes several improvements to it.
- It was noticed that "Preview" mode doesn't reset when the session is reset (Edit | Reset Session) (see discussion on #17273 (closed)). To support this case (and others such as lack of support for undo/redo, save/restore xml state, Python trace, or Python API for preview mode), this MR makes preview mode settable using a property on the view layout. This ensures that preview mode can work well with undo/redo, save/load state etc.
- Now we are able to enter (if we are not already in) the preview mode automatically when saving screenshot or animation i.e. the UI updates similarly.
- If separator width/color is changed in the save screenshot/animation dialogs, the layout changes to reflect the selected width and color for the view separator (Fixes #17554 (closed)).
- If already in Preview mode when use does a "Save Screenshot/Animation", the dialog it init-ed to use the resolution picked for preview as well as toggle "Save All Views", if applicable.
- Cleans up pqSplitter, so that is supports rendering a handle of pixel width 0 (simplifies code in pqMultiViewWidget).
- Entering Preview mode no longer prohibits user from creating new tabs or changing active tab. Preview mode only affects the tab that was active when entering the preview mode, however.
- Preview mode works even when a layout is popped out (fixes #17558 (closed)).
- Also fixes other discrepancies with empty views or mismatching image resolution (Fixes #17651 (closed), #17843 (closed) ).