There is no "Distribute by block" filter in ParaView
When working in a distributed environnement in ParaView, one can create multiblock data which is not distributed, using eg GroupDataSets.
In order to distribute it by block, one would need to save as a .vtm file and open the file again, which is not great.
Steps to reproduce:
- mpirun -np 4 ./bin/pvserver
- ./bin/paraview, connect to server
- load 8stateAR.pvsm, check processId, data is not distributed
- No filter can distribute the data by block
- Save as a .vtm
- Open .vtm
- Data is distributed by block
I did not consider partitioned dataset in this context.