Feature Edges failing for Quadric Elements
Feature edges are failing for all Quadric Elements. Here is how to replicate.
- Master, Linux, builtin server.
- Sources/ Unstructured Cell Types. Default Cell Type is Hex.
- Change representation to Feature Edges.
This is the correct representation for this dataset.
- Change Cell Type to Quadric Tet.
This is wrong. Only the outline should show, not every cell.
To see what it SHOULD look like, lets manually create this look with filters.
- Change representation back to surface.
- Extract Surface.
- Feature Edges Filter.
Now, we see the outline of the cube, as we should.
This is a bug in ALL Quadric cell types. This includes Quadric Tets, Quadric Hex, Quadric Wedges, and Quadric Pyramids
Marking as Important as there is a workaround, but this will become more important as time goes on and quadric cell types become more common. Really should get fixed.