Better visibility of Web features
ParaView has several capabilities for exporting and visualizing data in the Web but those features are pretty well hidden for non experts. Ideally we would like to streamline their usage. The list below try to capture the various improvements that could be made.
- For easy visualization sharing
- Add a HTML export format that will automatically bundle Glance with the single timestep scene.
- Leave the vtkjs export as-is with its optional capability to embed a viewer
Export time based scene
- Use the export now feature to produce web friendly time based output with checkbox that will allow you to either pick .vtkjs or .html in term of format and maybe the set of fields you actually want to export.
- Export scene
- For ParaViewWeb type of application
- python -m visualizer/divvy/glance/lite
- Do we want to have a way to start them from the UI as a separate process?
- python -m usage
- HTML export
- vtk.js export + Glance online
- Time based scene export + web capability
- Help menu in ParaView
- Add entry to start Glance or get access to its location (file) ?
- Glance should be advertise as "ParaView Web base lightweight viewer"?
For time based data export some work will be required in Glance to actually provide animation and time control.