Legend rescaling after Transform filter applied
Up front, this is in 5.8.0, and I'm using it in GUI mode. Unfortunately, I cannot share screenshots of the problem, but it should be easy enough to describe step-by-step.
- I open an Exodus data set and load a nodal property (Velocity) and plot it. The legend shows values in the range of approx. 1.0e+03 (expected)
- I apply a Transform filter to the data, uniformly scaling by 100 in x, y, and z directions. The legend now shows values in the range of approx. 1.0e+05 (expected)
- Keeping the same Transform filter, I now reduce the scale factors back to 1. The legend remains at approx. 1.0e+05 (should be at approx. 1.0e+03)
- In Step 3, if I instead increase the scale factors (such as to 1000), the legend automatically rescales and is now at approx. 1.0e+06
- As an alternative, if my initial scaling (Step 2) is a decrease (such as to 0.1), the legend does not rescale at all
- Manually applying the legend rescale (clicking the button) does correctly update the legend, but the problem is that it isn't consistent in its automatic behavior
So a summary of the issue: The legend automatically rescales when a Transform filter is applied as long as the scaling is an increase. But it does not rescale if the scaling is a decrease.
Some other noted behaviors:
- I did not see any legend updating (increase or decrease) on another nodal property in the dataset (displacements)
- Cell/Element properties such as density do not appear to be affected, either (stayed in native unit scaling)
- I have not tried this using other readers yet. But I have the ability to try an XDMF format if that would be helpful.