STL save data drops triangles
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
I am seeing triangles dropped from a dataset that I write out and then read in. Unfortunately, there are a few intermediate steps. Dataset is foxbat-bldg.stl. Ask me for this dataset.
- ParaView 3.98.1, windows, local server.
- Open foxbat-bldg.stl. Apply.
- Clip. Apply. (This creates an unstructured dataset. We need a Polygonal dataset)
- Extract Surface. Apply. (There we go, polygonal dataset).
- Save Data. Save as stl file. Save as binary.
- (I just restarted ParaView, making sure no state problems are bleeding into next step, but I don't believe that is necessary.)
- Load new .stl file. Apply.
A big triangle of the ground is missing.