Add a 'refresh' function
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
For my research work, I often need to display the result of a simulation while the simulation is running.
To do this, I open a series of .vtu files. The content is displayed in Paraview. A few minutes later, I need to update the view in Paraview.
As far as I know, the only way to do that is to:
- delete the series in "Pipeline browser" (click in "Pipeline browser" plus press [del])
- reopen the series manually (click "Open" plus click on the file)
- click "Apply" in "Properties"
- click "Display"
- select the wanted parameter in "Color by"
- click "Last frame" to display the current status of the simulation
So, that's about eight click/press actions that I need to do every few minutes when using ParaView.
I think this could be done much more efficiently by adding a "Refresh" function that would reopen the open .vtu series, keeping the same parameters as the current ones, and display the last frame of the animation.
I saw there is a "Macros" menu, empty, and I couldn't find a way to create a macro for this. I couldn't find a plugin to do that and searching the wiki didn't help...
I think Paraview worths a builtin function for this...