3.10.0 has a fatal memory leak
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
Kitware knows about this and is actively researching, but I will document it here.
This seems to become a larger problem with clusters. However, it can be replicated on one local server.
- Release, Linux, local server.
- Open up a "top" on your linux machine. It is easier if you only show your own processes - use 'u' within top. Set refresh update to 3 seconds (use 'd').
- Open WhippleShield - 32 file version.
- All variables on. Apply.
- Notice paraview memory footprint.
- Turn all variables off. Apply.
- Notice paraview memory footprint. It has not gotten smaller.
- Turn all variables on. Apply.
- Notice paraview memory footprint. It has grown significantly.
- Memory also seems to grow if we animate.