VisIt 1.1.5 Release Notes
Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
enhancements and bug-fixes that were added to this release.
Features added in version 1.1.5
- Databases can be reopened at the current timestep so variables that appear later in time are supported.
- VisIt has a new point tool that can be used to select a new origin for the new ThreeSlice operator, which performs three orthogonal slices on 3D databases and leaves the resulting slices in 3D.
- Panning and zooming is vastly improved so that it no longer moves the camera.
- The Boundary plot now has a button for filled vs. unfilled.
- Pipeline caching is now off by default.
- Databases created by automatic file grouping are displayed expanded by default.
- VisIt now has a -config flag that lets you load a specific configuration file.
- Plots are recalculated only if the plot or operators attributes change.
- Saving settings to the config file now only saves the differences from the default settings.
- The Query window scrolls its output instead of clearing each time a query is performed.
- The vis window now has FullFrame mode, which is available vis the popup menu. FullFrame mode expands 2D plots so that they take up most of the vis window.
- The files in the selected files list now indicate file permissions through the use of color. Files are gray if they cannot be accessed.
Bugs fixed in version 1.1.5
- VisIt sometimes crashes when plots and operators are disabled.
- Pick returns bad values for databases that have ghost cells.
- Multifile databases in which a file is missing can hang the parallel compute engine.
- Host profiles for the ice machine have been added.
- Silo paths are not handled well on Windows.
- Using the -v argument with old versions of VisIt does not work.
- Slice crashes when using an invalid normal.
- The view window's rotx, roty, rotz commands don't use screen space axes.
- VisIt crashes plotting a mesh from an Ale3d nodeset.
- Unable to use Pick to pick on a zone.
- Lineout and Pick don't work properly when the vis window is in FullFrame mode.
- Reference lines don't rescale when the vis window is put in FullFrame mode.
- The Connection progress window is slow to appear.
- Remote logins don't work when passphrases are used.
- Inconsistent handling of ghost zones.
- Labels in Y dimension are offset below tick marks.
- Wireframe subset plot has a line at the symmetry plane.
- Plots ignore FullFrame mode when they are created or modified.
- The KullLite database reader does not handle materials.
- The Subset plot does not do an unfilled plot when the filled option is not toggled.
- Virtual databases are not available via the CLI.
- Gradient backgrounds do not all work in scalable rendering mode.
- Confusion between camera and view normal.
- CLI Pick function does not use secondary variables.
- Picking on a Subset plot (material 1 only) of globe.silo gives bad results.
- Antialiasing creates funny white outlines around tickmarks.
- Saved window sizes are incorrect when saving settings that use a multi-window layout.
- Picking on cone projected to 2D gives bad results.
- Subsets should be ordered in the Subset plot's legend.
Click the following link to view the release notes for the previous version
of VisIt: VisIt 1.1.4 Release Notes.
Click the following link to view the release notes for the next version
of VisIt: VisIt 1.1.6 Release Notes.