VisIt 2.10 Release Notes
Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
enhancements and bug-fixes that were added to this release.
General features added in version 2.10
- VisIt was enhanced to launch parallel jobs using sbatch/ibrun.
Advanced features added in version 2.10
- Libsim's Fortran bindings were enhanced so the visitsetmpicommunicator function passes an MPI communicator by its integer handle. Thank you to William T. Jones for this improvement.
Changes in GUI behavior for version 2.10
- The 2D Line annotation interface was enhanced to allow the line color to be the same as the foreground color, and to provide a style setting.
- A 3D Line annotation object has been added.
File format reader changes in version 2.10
- The PLOT3D reader has been enhanced to auto-detect the format options normally specified by the .vp3d meta file or via Read options.Auto-detection works for most binary files, but not for ascii. It is always on, and if successful, will override the values specified in the .vp3d meta file or Read options. If not successful, the reader will fallback to use the other settings.
- The PLOT3D reader now supports time-series solution files, specified in the form 'somefile*.q', (where '*' matches a number specifing the timestate) or 'somefile??3?.q'. Use the '?' form to sub-select from the time series. The q filename in this form can be used in the .vp3d meta file, or via Read Options. The '.q' extension is the default.
- The Nek5000 reader had an issue with #std 8 data files (double size data). The data dimensions would be read wrong. This has been fixed.
Changes to VisIt's plots in version 2.10
Changes to VisIt's expression language in version 2.10
Changes to VisIt's picks and queries in version 2.10
Changes to VisIt's PICS version in 2.10.0
Other bugs fixed in version 2.10
- 2D Line annotation has been fixed so that adding arrowheads does not make the line disappear.
- A bug that caused a warning message to pop up when adding Image Annotation objects has been fixed.
- 2D axis titles have been fixed so that a color other than foreground color can be used.
- Libsim's internal buffer for retrieving the user's environment was fixed at 10Kb, which is not large enough to accommodate some users' environments. The environment retrieval code has been rewritten to handle arbitrary sizes.
Build features added in version 2.10
Changes for VisIt developers in version 2.10
Click the following link to view the release notes for the previous version
of VisIt: VisIt 2.9.2 Release Notes.