VisIt 2.1 Release Notes
Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
enhancements and bug-fixes that were added to this release.
General features added in version 2.1
- The expressions window now has buttons for managing expressions via separate configuration files.
Advanced features added in version 2.1
- The visit_writer library now supports voxels and pixels.
File format reader changes in version 2.1
- Files formats that support time natively now can correctly report their time when concatenated inside a .visit file.
- BOV files now properly support the TIME keyword. They also support a new keyword, CYCLE.
Changes to VisIt's plots in version 2.1
- The Volume plot now displays a histogram in the transfer function editor when doing RayCasting, matching the behavior for the other rendering types.
- The Volume plot is now more efficient in memory and execution time
when doing a ray casting with logarithmic scale with a minimum value set.
Changes to VisIt's operators in version 2.1
Changes to VisIt's expression language in version 2.1
- New expressions, min_coord and max_coord, can find the smallest or
largest coordinate value (X, Y, Z, radius, theta, phi) within a cell.
Changes to VisIt's picks and queries in version 2.1
- The Integrate query now works on one dimensional cross sections.
Other bugs fixed in version 2.1
Changes to configuration files in version 2.1
Changes for VisIt developers in version 2.1
Click the following link to view the release notes for the previous version
of VisIt: VisIt 2.0 Release Notes.