Per-cell colored surfaces rendering fails on Intel Iris Plus Graphics
When rendering a mesh with coloring using cell data with Intel Iris Plus Graphics, the surface is rendered with randomly changing colored triangles.
This is confirmed in multiple computers, such as:
- Surface Laptop 3: Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver date 2019-12-21, version 220.127.116.1141
- Surface Pro 7 (model 1866): Intel Iris Plus Graphics driver version 18.104.22.16870.
Screen capture video: https://youtu.be/9UzU8FCALNQ Test data: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Arm_AFxB9yqHuroxLpY2DfhNA5ppWQ?e=E21iyv
- This is reproducible the same way with multiple VTK-based applications that uses OpenGL2 rendering backend, such as ParaView and 3D Slicer.
- This is not a recent VTK regression, because VTK version about 1-2 years ago has the same issue.
- The legacy OpenGL backend renders correctly.
- Rendering works well on other graphics cards.
- Coloring by point scalars works well.