Point IDs are misnamed with CGNS.
Point (and possibly cell) Ids are misnamed with CGNS. Here is how to replicate.
- Linux, remote server (I have 16 ranks), 5.7.0-RC1.
- Load the Watney CGNS dataset.
- Split View Vertical. Spreadsheet view.
- Sort on PointID.
There are hundreds of point id 0! This is actually written up as #19225 (closed). Notice that we have a Point ID column.
We need a unique handle to find points and cells for data analysis. This isn't it.
- Next, run filter Generate IDs.
- Have the Generate Ids filter show in the spreadsheet.
There are two Point IDs (well, Pointids and Point ID). Which is which? Please change label to say what this is!!
- Find Data. Points. GenerateIds1.
Now, open the pulldown to chose variable. Options are ID (what is this?), PointIds (I assume from GenerateIds, but can't tell), Point and Query.
Please have Point Id's be consistent between all tools!
- View/ Selection Inspector. Cell Labels. We now have ID. Again, what is this?
Obviously, go through the same process for Cells.