Save Data, csv file, from streamtracer is bad
Save data, to a csv file, from a streamtracer is bad. I don't know how to simplify this bug. If desired, ask me and I can try to simplify.
- 5.7.0-RC1, remote server (16 ranks), Linux.
- Load the Watney CGNS dataset. Load density, T, velocity_1, velocity_2 and velocity_3. Apply.
- Cell Data to Point Data filter. Apply.
- Calculator filter.
velocity_1*iHat+velocity_2*jHat+velocity_3*kHat. Result name velvec
- (Not required) Surface. (Not required) Paint by velvec.
- Sources/ Point Source. 0.67, 0.03, 0.12. Apply.
- Click on Calculator in the pipeline browser.
- Stream Tracer with Custom Source. Seed Source == PointSource. OK. Apply.
- Turn visibility of Calculator off.
- Paint by Velocity_1. Notice Velocity_1 goes from about 1000 to 2000. (Note, I rounded the numbers to the nearest thousand.)
- In the information tab, look at velocity_1.
- If interested, you can look at this data with the spreadsheet. Notice column Velocity_1. All looks correct.
- File/ Save Data. OK, OK.
- Move this data somewhere you can open it in a spreadsheet.
- Look at column velocity_1. It starts reasonably well, in the 2000's, then goes to around 0.01 at point 21, then moves back to expected at point 92.
Ask me if you want the .csv file that I just wrote out with actual data.
This is a Watney bug.
Showstopper for the 5.7.0 release.