Cinema: Results from exporting artifacts from interactive ParaView and Catalyst are not identical
Cinema: Results from exporting artifacts from interactive ParaView and Catalyst should be identical.
When a user defines a set of Exports from ParaView, the results of exporting should be identical in both the interactive ParaView and batch Catalyst runs (assuming both are run in serial or parallel).
Currently, the Catalyst export adds a 'cinema' subdirectory to image paths, so that the resulting sets of extracts are not identical.
To reproduce the issue:
- Create some pipeline in ParaView
- Set up an export for a cinema database, making sure that the Spec D table will be exported
- Catalyst->Export Now (this is the InteractiveExport dataset)
- Catalyst->Export Catalyst Script to save a catalyst script
- Run the catalyst script, using the filedriver.py script to duplicate the input in Step 1 above. (this is the CatalystExport dataset)
- InteractiveExport and CatalystExport results will be different. In particular, CatalystExport adds an extra subdirectory (cinema) to the file path for exports.
The results of these two operations should instead be identical sets of results.
More detail is available here, where we have created testing scripts to automate the steps above, including saving out a Catalyst script from the UI operations that created the export definitions: https://github.com/cinemascience/cinema_testing/blob/master/pv/5.7.0/readme.md