ParaView Build with python3 cannot be imported, DLL load failed
I have build Paraview using python 3.6 on windows 10 but cannot import the modules.I'm using anaconda and paraview V5.4.1.
The steps i have followed are:
- build using ninja (https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/blob/master/Documentation/dev/build.md) activating python scripting with python 3
- fix missed dll (it was python36.dll from anacond)
- check that paraview works (it launch the app and the pvpython and seems to works)
- set on spyder the pythonpath (https://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Python_Scripting)
- try to import paraview.simple on spyder
shows this message:
from paraview.simple import * Error: Could not import vtkCommonComputationalGeometry Traceback (most recent call last):
File "", line 1, in from paraview.simple import *
File "C:\Users\frmunoz\Documents\paraview-set\second\build\lib\site-packages\paraview\simple.py", line 43, in from paraview import servermanager
File "C:\Users\frmunoz\Documents\paraview-set\second\build\lib\site-packages\paraview\servermanager.py", line 53, in from paraview import vtk
File "C:\Users\frmunoz\Documents\paraview-set\second\build\lib\site-packages\paraview\vtk_init_.py", line 7, in from paraview.vtk.vtkCommonCore import *
File "C:\Users\frmunoz\Documents\paraview-set\second\build\lib\site-packages\paraview\vtk\vtkCommonCore.py", line 9, in from vtkCommonCorePython import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
i've tried to find this "missed DLL" but have no clue about what dll should be, i've already try re-build and nothings happens, also tried ipython from conda promt (using sys.path.append to add the folders) and same error occurs so i guess is just a dll that is somehow missing.