Catalyst Live Connection does not support information_only property with command
information_only property can have a
command attributes that is a C++ method executed on the
vtkObject. It may look like that:
<IntVectorProperty command="GetTestInformation" information_only="1" name="TestInformation"> <SimpleIntInformationHelper/> </IntVectorProperty>
In builtin and C/S, this works perfectly and this
int can then be used to create widgets for example.
However, when connecting to a Catalyst simulation using the live visualization and adding a filter with this
information_only property, the method is never called on the Catalyst side but on a sort of a dummy
vtkObject in the builtin server. Of course, the recovered
int is not correct and not the one that would be computed by the object on the Catalyst side.
Here is a CatalystTestWidget.tgz to test directly with. How to reproduce :
- Build ParaView with catalyst and some catalyst example
- Build the provided plugin
- Edit a catalyst script to load the plugin using LoadPlugin function and add a MyElevationFilter in it
- Open ParaView
- load the plugin
- Start the catalyst connection and set it to pause
- Connect the simulation
- MyElevationFilter appears in the live connection
- but the widget based on the information property are not correct and the information property does not have the expected values
- Let the simulation run, the property is never updated.
Adding the filter manually yield the same results.