Axes grid is randomly dropping numbers - and it's HARD to replicate.
The Axes grid is dropping the drawing of numbers at insanely random times, and it is VERY hard to replicate. Further, text is totally wonky. I have repeatably replicated this bug. Here is how to replicate.
- Linux, master (v5.5.2-964-g39af75) (and 5.5.2), builtin server.
- Delete or move your .config/ParaView files. (-dr won't work here.)
- Open ParaView, say "don't open this again", and close the splash screen. Then close ParaView.
- Edit ~/.config/ParaView/ParaView5.5.2.ini. Search for Size= Change size to be as follows:
- Close the ParaView5.5.2.ini file.
- Run ParaView. These directions work on master (shaw shown above.) (I believe that with 5.5.2, you only need to go out one mouse click, 2D, then 3D to see the issue.)
- File/ Load State. Load state file badAxesGridB.pvsm. (included in this bug.)
- With the mouse button, zoom out THREE mouse button clicks. (I'm assuming here that one click of a mouse button is the same for everyone, otherwise, you will have to play around with this).
- For the view, click on the 3D button, changing to 2D.
- With the mouse button, zoom out THREE mouse button clicks. (I'm assuming here that one click of a mouse button is the same for all, otherwise, you will have to play around with this).
- For the view, click on the 2D button, changing to 3D.
There are now two visible bugs.
- Numbers are missing (specifically, the Z axis -5, on the left and right. I don't think this is roundoff - I have seen areas where the whole right side has no numbers. Further, I have seen clipping issues where the axis label text is incorrectly clipped.
- The text for the Z Axis and Y Axis are totally wonked.
I don't think my user is toggling 2d/3d, but this was the only reliable way I could repetedly replicate this bug.
This is impacting an important user, and needs to be fixed.
If this is safe, easy and trivial, lets fix for 5.6? Otherwise, move to 5.7.
Here's a screenshot: