Cell connectivity is bogus
Cell connectivity in the spreadsheet view is bugus, and lies. Lets get it fixed. Here is how to replicate:
- Open the attached file file-0.vtk. Apply.
- Surface with edges.
- Select 6 cells around a point. Easiest way is with the Interactive Select Cells On.
- View/ Selection Display Inspector. Turn Cell Labels: ID on, Turn Point Labels: ID on.
- Split View Vertical. Spreadsheet View. Toggle cell connectivity visibility on.
Now, look at the spreadsheet view. Point Indexes on the main 3d view and on the spreadsheet show as their real point IDs.
- Select Show only selected elements.
Now, look at the spreadsheet view. Point Indexes have changed to go from 0 through 6. This may be the index in the spreadsheet, but is useless.
Please change this to show the Point ID. Further, please change the label to be Point Id, not Point Index.