System HANG - pvbatch is throwing bazillians of processes when loading state file
I have a pvbatch python file that is loading a state file, and then processing over time. Each time through it creates a dozen or so new pvbatch processes. This is running until it kills the blade.
This is a show stopper for a customer.
- Linux, 5.4.1 Kitware download.
- Read and implement the README file.
- Basically, copy can.ex2 into this directory.
- Edit the .py and .pvsc file, correcting the directory paths.
- Run as follows: ./pvbatch --use-offscreen-rendering --mesa-llvm save_animation.py
In a separate xterm, run htop. You will notice that there will be dozens of pvbatch processes, and every timestep, more will appear. This will continue until the Linux box dies.
Attaching the .py, .pvsc and README files.