Add automatic color discretization that matches Color Legend
Lets add an automatic color discretization function that matches the Color Legend. First, here is what I want:
- ParaView 5.4.0, Linux, local server.
- Load disk_out_ref.exo. All vars on. Apply.
- Clip. Apply. Paint by Temp. Show Plane off. X+.
- View/ Preview/ 1280x1024. (This step makes sure there are only 7 labels, including max and min.)
- Color Map Editor. Change Color Discretization to 6. . (There is a bug. To get around it, move the mouse over the Color Legend.)
So, what do I want?
- Add a check box, top of the Color Map Editor, that says "Automatically Discretize Color Table to Legend". This is the "on/Off" for this feature.
- Add an icon (little version of disk_out_ref with discrete color bands) to the right of Rescale to Visible Data Range. This will toggle this feature.
- Change the Number of Table Values to make color transitions line up with the tick marks on the color legend. For instance, with the example given above, I want a transition at 400, 500, 600, 700 and 800.
- Notice that the min (2.9e+02) and max (9.1e+02) are not on a even number (for instance, 900 in the above list). Just make another transition at 900, so between 900 and 9.1e+02 you have the maximum color. Ditto min