Cleanup lookup table range locking mechanism
See #17144 (closed) for detailed discussion.
Replace the Lock Data Range checkbox with a combo box labeled Automatically Rescale Range When and the combo box has the following 4 options:
- Grow and update on 'Apply',
- Grow and update every timestep, and
- Clamp and update every timestep.
Note this will impact old pvsm and py files. Make sure those state files/scripts continue to work despite the fixes for this.
- Handle rescaling on 'Apply'
- Handle rescaling on timestep update and animation
Handle rescaling when the
Rescale to Data Rangebutton is clicked
Handle when setting custom range and
Rescale and disable automatic rescalingbutton is clicked
- Make sure the scalar opacity function reflects the expected rescaling behavior
- Initialize the value of the transfer function mode to the global setting.
- Implement backwards compatibility for state files
- Implement backwards compatibility for Python