Save data, clipped, CTH crashes
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
We have a bad crash, that is impacting a user, when trying to write out clipped CTH AMR data. Here is how to replicate.
- PV 5.0.1 RC2, Linux. Remote server (I had 16 pvservers, but I bet it replicates with 2).
- Load Dave's large CTH dataset. All vars on.
- Turn off Merge XYZ Components and Down Convert Volume Fraction. (I bet this bug replicates without this step).
- Clip. By Scalar. Material Volume Fraction 1. Value == 0.5. Apply. (Just so you can see, turn visibility off for the CTH reader.)
- File/ Save Data. Exodus writer. Don't save all timesteps. Apply.
<> Looking in the output, there are a bazillion warnings somewhat like this:
Warning: In /projects/viz/paraview/src/ParaView/5.0.1-RC2/ParaView5/VTK/IO/ParallelExodus/vtkPExodusIIWriter.cxx, line 74 vtkPExodusIIWriter (0x8cebe30): ExodusIIWriter ignores ghost level request
Warning: In /projects/viz/paraview/src/ParaView/5.0.1-RC2/ParaView5/VTK/IO/Exodus/vtkExodusIIWriter.cxx, line 3236 vtkPExodusIIWriter (0x8cebe30): Attempting to proceed without metadata
And then MPI dies.