PLY writer and/or reader is broken.
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
The PLY writer and/or reader is broken. Here is how to replicate:
- 4.4.0, local server, Linux.
- Load z_pinch1.8.[0-7]. All vars on. Apply. (Ask Utkarsh for this file set.)
- Go to last timestep. Paint by J.
- Filters/ Extract Surface. Apply.
- File / Save Data/ ply. Write this file somewhere.
- Edit/ Reset Session.
- Load Ply file. It won't have correct colors - everything will be white. Be sure to try to color by a variable.