Clip and slice by cylinder is broken
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
Numerous aspects of the clip and slice by cylinder are broken. Here is how to replicate:
- 5.0.0, Linux, local server.
- Open disk_out_ref.exo, all vars on, apply.
- Slice. Slice type, Cylinder. Apply.
<> Notice that we now have a cylinder widget. Sweet. However, the red rings represent where the cylinder should be. We are perpindicular to that. In other words, the cylinder widget goes down the X axis, the default cylinder goes down the Y axis. You can see this by moving the cylinder tool and hitting apply.
- Reset the Cylinder slice. Easiest way is to delete the filter and recreate.
<> Change the Axis Y to 0, preparing to set the Axis Z to 1. A warning message comes up - but you haven't hit apply yet!
- Change the center to be 0, 0, 0. Now, try setting it to 1,0,0. This works. Try 4,0,0 then 5,0,0 then 6,0,0 then 6.5,0,0 then 7,0,0. Keep hitting apply.
<> When against the edge of the cylinder tool bounding box, the cylinder tool separates from the slice.
- Change the center to be 10, 0, 0. Apply.
<> We get an error message saying "No prominent values for consumer.". Please give a better error message, something like Trying to slice outside of the object, or somesuch. By the way, we get this error message for slice by plane also.