2d points in a 3d window goes crazy (clipping)
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
When trying to look at a 2d object, displayed as points, in a 3d window, the bounding box clip goes nuts. This could explain other bugs that Jeff is seeing.
Do exactly as follows (or it won't show the bug).
- Linux, PV 4.2.0, local server.
- +Z (Not sure if needed, but sets the camera to a known point).
- Sources/ Mandlebrot. Apply.
- Change representation from Slice to Points.
- Change view from 2d to 3d.
- Reset (X)
<> The Mandlebrot has gone away. If you grab it with a mouse, parts of it will appear, being clipped. Note that it only clips when you remove your finger from the mouse.