Decimate filter fails CTH AMR
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
The decimate filter is failing miserably with CTH AMR datasets. I have no idea if this has to do only with AMR.
- Windows (Linux also), master, local server.
- For a full test, open Dave's medium CTH dataset. All vars on, apply. Then, follow my directions below. There are holes in the sphere.
Test case for debug, small number of cells/points.
- Copy file spcta_a.0 from Dave's small CTH dataset to another location. (There is a bug in ParaView, written as another bug, that fails reading only one file at a time.) Open it with ParaView. All variables on. Apply.
- Cell data to point data.
- Contour. Material volume fraction - 1. Change Isosurface value to 25. Apply.
- Decimate. Take defaults. Apply. Notice the holes. We shouldn't have holes! Select "Preserve Topology". Apply. Notice that parts of the contour have disappeared. Parts of the contour shouldn't disappear!
Marking high, since this bug is standing in the middle of processing very large CTH data for my user. Decimate is one of the possible solutions.