Line chart should plot multiple blocks simultaneously
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
The line chart view is only able to plot series from a single block at a time. This is a very important use case for the line chart because filters like plot selection over time will place the data for each selected element in its own block.
Here is a simple example of a good use case:
- Load out can.ex2, load all variables, apply.
- Go to the last time step.
- Edit -> Find Data.
- Find all cells with EQPS >= 2.
- After the selection is run, click the "Plot Selection Over Time" button.
- Apply the filter and observe the plot.
Although many cells were selected, only one actually shows in the line chart view at a time. To view others, you have to go to the display panel and select different "blocks." This is unacceptable. You often need to compare the series against each other.