IOSS reader not reading CGNS files correctly
The IOSS reader is not reading CGNS files correctly. Here is how to replicate both the problem and a comparison. Note that I could be missing something...
- Master (v5.9.1-1680-g24a9c4f8), Linux, remote server (16 ranks).
- Load HiFiRE dataset, sparc-volume.cgns.144.*. IOSS reader. Apply. Note that blocks 1, 2, 3 and 6 are turned on. Sets are not.
- Split screen horizontal.
- Load HiFiRE dataset, sparc-volume.cgns.144.*. CGNS Series reader. Apply. Note that we only see "base". It is turned on. Families are also turned on, with similar names to Sets.
- Turn off Families. We want apples to apples. Apply.
- Link cameras.
- The two views are different. The CGNS Series reader has a full airflow around the cone (not shown), where the IOSS reader only shows the lower portion.
- Names are different, and confusing. I assume this is required as we are using the IOSS library for Exodus and CGNS? Example - Family vs Sets. Base vs blocks.
- Turn off Blocks and Base. Turn on Family and Set "In". The IOSS reader reads the set, the CGNS Series Reader doesn't. What should it look like?
Attached is an image of issues.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information