color editor modifying color maps is broken
The color map editor, Mapping Data, modifying color maps is broken. I bet this is caused by an update in Qt. Here is how to replicate this.
- 5.9.1, builtin server, Linux.
- Load disk_out_ref.exo. All vars. Apply.
- Paint by Global Node Id.
- Open Color Map Editor. Now, we want to create additional control points in the color map, and edit them.
- The color map has three control points. It is left, middle and right. Click (one click) half way between the blue, left, control point and the white, middle control point.
- Click (double click) between this new control point and the center control point. We double clicked because we want to edit the color of this point. Change it to yellow. OK.
DO EXACTLY AS FOLLOWS:
- Notice that one of the points on the color map (the yellow one) is still highlighted. Now, slide the mouse from the renderview onto the color map from the left. Move it across the color map towards the right. The control point will move! Control points should only move if the mouse is down.
This is a bug that was not present in 5.8.0. It is impacting anyone trying to modify color maps. Marking as required.
This is impacting Francesca from LANL, thus I am adding the LANL tag. @patchett2002