Node Editor issue tracking
This issue will be used to keep track of the amelioration to bring to the initial MR !4952 (merged) of the node editor plugin :
High priority :
Embedded property widgets that show a double input field are only shown when hovered over (integer inputs and even the calculator work). The source of this problem is that the pqDoubleLineEdit class uses some explicit render calls that are incompatible with the QT Qraphics View framework. A possible hotfix is to run
sed -i 's/if (internals.useFullPrecision(this))/if (true)/g' on theQt/Widgets/pqDoubleLineEdit.cxx` file (TODO: check if this does not break anything else).
3D widgets and their related properties are not supported. This is because the node editor create a new instance of a
pqProxyWidgetand this class automatically creates new interactive 3d widgets for the properties that need one. What we see on the render view is the widget controlled by the GUI of the classic property panel.
- If a property opens a separate dialog window (e.g., a file browser or color selector), then this dialog is embedded in the graphics view and not shown as a modal popup window. Some of these dialog windows are not correctly rendered in the graphics view (which is again a result of explicit render calls in the PV source).
- Cycles are possible in the graph
Low priority :
- Filters that require multiple inputs open upon creation a selection dialog for the inputs, which is no longer necessary in the node editor.
- Auto layout should be hidden/greyed out when Graphviz is not found
- Edge behaviour is a bit strange as there's a point locked near the bottom right of the "left" node, which sometimes results in not-so-nice displays.
- Replace the custom double click system with native Qt double click capabilities (!5065)
- Auto apply doesn't work when node editor is docked
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information