Background black with volume rendering
We have an intermitent black background occuring with split views, remote server, volume rendering (unfortunately). Here is how to replicate. State file attached, along with a good, and bad screenshot.
- Linux, 5.9.0, remote server. (I tried local server, did not replicate.) (16 ranks, I bet 2 shows it.)
- Load g1s1.e.16.[0-15]. All vars on. Apply.
- Merge Blocks. Apply.
- Split views vertically. Turn on the Merge blocks in this view.
- Last timestep. Back one timestep.
- Paint with displ, then Volume Render.
- View. Animation View. Change to Sequence. Change max steps to 500.
- Save Animation. .jpg's. OK. Save all views. OK.
Now, a few of these frames will have a black lower view. Note that it appears to be the screen clear, as rendering IS going on.
Note to developers - Talk to Utkarsh about this one. We will decide if fixes go into 5.9.1 or 5.10, depending on how disruptive it is.