pvtp dataset writes incorrectly from python
pvtp datasets are written incorrectly from Python, specifically from macros. Here is how to replicate:
- Master, Linux, remote server. (Must be remote server to get access to pvtp file writer.)
- Tools/ Start Trace
- Open can.exo. All vars on. Apply.
- Merge blocks filter. Apply. (which again allows access to pvtp file writer)
- Redistribute Dataset filter. 1. Apply. (Now, we only have data on one process)
- Extract Surface filter. (allowing access to the pvtp file writer.)
- In a terminal, make a folder. I will call it deleteMeA.
- File/ Save Data. Step into deleteMeA. Call the dataset deleteMeAA. File Type, .pvtp. OK.
- Select "Write all timesteps as file series". OK.
- Tools/ Stop Trace. Save as Macro. I called mine deleteMeAA.
- Reset Session.
- In a terminal, move the folder deleteMeA to deleteMeA-gui.
- In ParaView, run the macro called deleteMeAA
Here is a bug. The 0th timestep should have a deleteMeAA_0.pvtp file, but this is actually a directory! Further, deleteMeAA_0, which should be a directory here, is actually buried down in directory deleteMeAA_0.pvtp.
Compare what we see in deleteMeA with deleteMeA-gui.
The following error message is printed out:
ERROR: In /snip/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLWriter.cxx, line 915 vtkXMLPPolyDataWriter (0x13bcacc0): Error opening output file "/snip/deleteMeB/deleteMeBB_0.pvtp"
ERROR: In /snip/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLWriter.cxx, line 918 vtkXMLPPolyDataWriter (0x13bcacc0): Error code "Is a directory"
ERROR: In /snip/VTK/IO/ParallelXML/vtkXMLPDataObjectWriter.cxx, line 196 vtkXMLPPolyDataWriter (0x13bcacc0): Ran out of disk space; deleting file(s) already written
ERROR: In /snip/VTK/IO/XML/vtkXMLWriter.cxx, line 829 vtkXMLPPolyDataWriter (0x13bcacc0): Ran out of disk space; deleting file: /snip/deleteMeB/deleteMeBB_0.pvtp
ERROR: In /snip/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 753 vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x13bcd1f0): Algorithm vtkXMLPPolyDataWriter(0x13bcacc0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x13bcf6c0) Debug: Off Modified Time: 3364407 Reference Count: 1 Registered Events: (none) Request: REQUEST_DATA FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: -1 ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1 FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0