OSPRay memory leaks
Leak memory observed on Paraview (master branch)
When loading VTS files and rendering them with ray-tracing activated using Surface representation, memory leaks are observable.
Step for reproducing the issue
- Create a .vts file (this can be done by creating a 'Wavelet' filter and then applying a 'Warp By Scalar' filter).
- To make the memory leak easily noticeable create a big wavelet (Whole Extent: x:[-1000 1000] y[-1000 1000] z[0 0] for example)
- Load it and activate OSPRay (it can ever be the pathtracer or the raytracer)
- File -> Save Animation ... then Save it with the default parameters
- Hitting the "Play Animation" button inside Paraview also seems to produce the memory leak
- The rendering of the wavelet when loading the .vts file is also much slower than rendering the wavelet/warp
- Not observed on PV 5.8.1
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information