Memory leak in pqProxyInformationWidget
pqProxyInformationWidget creates instances of
pqNonEditableStyledItemDelegate on every update (
updateInformation). These items are never deleted because they have mentioned widget as a parent and
delete is never explicitly called for them. This leads to performance degradation over time. See attached file, which is a dump of all
QWidgets and their children (search for
As a solution, either clean-up these instances properly or reuse them on next update.
Steps to Repro:
- Open any time-aware VTK source
- Select this source in "Pipeline Browser"
- Open "Information" dock window
- Start playback (with looping) for some period (~5 minutes)
- Significant degrade of performance. You could notice that performance is Ok again when some other source is selected.