Trace of find data finds wrong cell
Trace of find data finds wrong cell.
- This was originally found remote server on the Watney .exo dataset. Here is how to replicate with can.
- Master (v5.7.0-656-gc2933bf4), builtin server, Linux.
- Tools/ Start Trace. I turned on Fully Trace Supplemental Proxies. OK.
- Open can.exo. All vars on. Apply.
- GenerateGlobalIds. Apply. (Doing this so we only have one cell on a multiple block dataset.)
- Find data. Cells. From GenerateGlobalIds. Change GlobalId to GlobalCellIds. Is 158. (We have now selected a cell on the outside, outside curve, top of the can.)
- Extract Selection. Apply.
- File/ Save Data. deleteMeA. OK. Write Timesteps. Chose Arrays To Write. Turn off Object Id. (very likely not necessary). Cells. OK.
- Tools/ Stop trace. Save as Macro (so we can get at it easily.)
- Move the deleteMeA files saved above to a temp directory.
- Reset Session.
- Click on Macro.
Now, open original deleteMeA_10.csv and macro created deleteMeA_10.csv. There is different data in here!
Note - on the Watney data, when i select cells on - the cell, it selected a different cell in space. Didn't happen with can.exo.