Plot Data uses wrong chart view
I believe the plot data filter is using the wrong chart view. When using the LineChartView, as we are moving point to point, there is a huge distance between points that draws an incorrect line. We should be using the PointChartView. Here is how to replicate the issue;
- Master, builtin server, Linux.
- Sources/ FastUniformGrid. Apply.
- Filters/ Plot Data. Apply. (Shouldn't need to hit an apply here, this is bug #19106 (closed).)
- Unselect '''Use index for XAxis''', use x axis name of '''DistanceSquared'''.
- '''Series Parameters''', Select '''X'''
Notice that the LineChartView is bogus. There is a line being drawn vertically, as we start another draw. This also shows up in unstructured grids.
- Split Vertical. Make this a PointChartView. Turn the Plot Data back on. Reset Properties panel appropriately.
This is what we want.