Cinema: Incorrect entries for images when saving two cinema databases (one for each of two views)
Cinema: Incorrect entries for images when saving two cinema databases (one for each of two views). This results in 'FILE clashes' in which two different files match up with the same metadata. Per the specification, it is possible to attach multiple files to the same metadata, but this is achieved in a different manner. Additionally, this is clearly not the intention in this case, as we are creating two different cinema databases, each for a different RenderView.
Note that our testing shows this works correctly for batch Catalyst runs (details are at the link at the end of this issue).
To recreate issue:
- Load a dataset with timesteps
- Split ParaView's view panel, and create a second RenderView
- Using Export Inspector, set each view to export a Cinema database (normal images, using either a static or phi-theta camera. Other cameras have not been tested).
- Click checkbox to Export Cinema Spec D table.
- Catalyst->Export Now
- Resulting Cinema Spec D table does not properly distinguish between output from the two RenderViews
EXAMPLE DATA: timestep,producer,FILES 0.0,cview_0,RenderView2/0.0.png 0.0,cview_0,RenderView1/0.0.png ...
The metadata provided (timestep and producer) creates duplicate entries for two FILE entries, and the sets of images from the different views cannot be disambiguated using the metadata. Possible correct outputs would be the following (depends on what metadata is avaialable within ParaView):
(distinguishing using different cview_x values) timestep,producer,FILES 0.0,cview_2,RenderView2/0.0.png 0.0,cview_1,RenderView1/0.0.png ...
(distinguishing using different RenderViewX values) timestep,producer,renderview,FILE 0.0,cview_0,RenderView2,RenderView2/0.0.png 0.0,cview_0,RenderView1,RenderView1/0.0.png ...
More detail is available at: https://github.com/cinemascience/cinema_testing/blob/master/pv/5.7.0/readme.md