HTG top level bug for ParaView
This is a top level index of various issues necessary to make HyperTreeGrid robust within ParaView for LANL use cases.
- (done) Promote HTG from DataSet to DataObject and split out the internal dual grid representation.
- (done) A number of vtkDataSetAlgorithms either crash or cause the implicit conversion to dual unstructured grid and explode memory. After promotion to DataObject, we need to provide a ConvertToDualGrid filter, and provide a way for DataSetFilters that operate on the "points" to continue to do so.
- #18718 (closed) memory consumption due to dual grid
- (done) Material has been renamed to Mask
- (done) Catalyst is capable of populating HTG data structures.
- #18719 (closed) There are a number of debug prints in typical code paths that need to be silenced.
- Coding conventions and naming need some cleanup.
- Comments should be translated to dual English and French.
- File formats must be robust and be scalable.
- The datastructure and filters need comprehensive regression tests at the VTK and ParaView levels.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information