ParaView freeze on Extract data from Catalyst
Using ParaView 5.5.2
Software in use:
- pvserver running on a cluster
- simulation with catalyst running on the same cluster (another node)
- ParaView Client on a PC
- run pvserver
- connect client
- allow catalyst connection
- run simulation
- click on the pipeline to extract data on the client -> pvserver hangs, the client stays frozen.
Error observed on pvserver side:
Warning: In /.../ParaView-v5.5.2/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 2790 vtkPolyDataReader (0x203ef70): Malformed data block for key vtkDataArray::L2_NORM_FINITE_RANGE. ERROR: In /.../ParaView-v5.5.2/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 939 vtkPolyDataReader (0x203ef70): Unsupported point attribute type: static%20pressure for file: (Null FileName) ERROR: In /.../ParaView-v5.5.2/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 770 vtkPolyDataReader (0x203ef70): Unsupported cell attribute type: 1 for file: (Null FileName) Warning: In /.../ParaView-v5.5.2/VTK/IO/Legacy/vtkDataReader.cxx, line 2790 vtkPolyDataReader (0x1fe6760): Malformed data block for key vtkDataArray::L2_NORM_FINITE_RANGE.
- The session on the cluster was using
pt_BR.UTF-8locale, due to the ssh configuration of the user. Particularly, this locale uses a comma (
,) as decimal separator, that may be the cause of the problem.
- Be sure that the locale is set to something like
en_US.UTF-8before running pvserver and simulation
- In our case, tell ssh not forcing locale on distant session did the trick. On linux, it was done by commenting / removing the line
SendEnv LANG LC_*in
- Multiblock dataset with point and cell data with multiple arrays of different types (int, long, float and double)
- For now, I was not able to reproduce the problem by running simulation and pvserver on my local computer while using other locale.
To upload designs, you'll need to enable LFS and have an admin enable hashed storage. More information