Exodus file read failures message has become confusing
If a user has a bad read, we have moved from a clean, clear error message to trash. Here is how to replicate:
- Linux, 5.5.0, remote server (possibly replicates built-in server)
- Have someone else copy a multiple file Exodus dataset somewhere. Have them open permissions on the directory, and the zero'th file. Have them lock you out of the rest of the files. I used file g1s1. Utkarsh and/or Cory should have this one. (If not, ask me for it).
- File/ open/ open this dataset. Apply. It will fail as follows:
Exodus Library Warning/Error: [vtkexodusII_ex_check_valid_file_id] ERROR: In "ex_inquire_internal", the file id -1 was not obtained via a call to "ex_open" or "ex_create". It does not refer to a valid open exodus file. Aborting to avoid file corruption or data loss or other potential problems.
- Linux, 5.4.1, remote server (possibly replicates built-in server)
- File/ open/ open this dataset. It will fail as follows:
ERROR: In .../ParaView5/VTK/IO/Exodus/vtkExodusIIReader.cxx, line 3874 vtkExodusIIReaderPrivate (0x16e0200): Unable to open .../g1s1-deleteMe/g1s1-10fps.e.16.10 for reading
ERROR: In .../ParaView/5.4.1-sb/ParaView5/VTK/IO/Exodus/vtkExodusIIReader.cxx, line 5456 vtkExodusIIReader (0x16b1070): Unable to open file .../g1s1-deleteMe/g1s1-10fps.e.16.10 to read metadata