Block selection in Exodus reader and multiblock inspector broken
The block selection in the Exodus reader and the Multi-block inspector is broken. This is important functionality, and needs to get fixed. This selection worked correctly with 5.4.1, and can be used to see what should happen. Here is how to replicate:
- Linux, builtin server, 5.5.0.
- Open bake.e. (UUR dataset, ask me for it if you don't have it.) Apply (not necessary, but then you see the model.)
Now, our goal is to only select blocks 20 through 40.
- On the Blocks section of the Properties tab, turn off all blocks
- Highlight block 20.
- SHIFT and select row block 40.
Now, all of the blocks between 20 and 40 are highlighted.
- Left select one of the check-boxes for the blocks. All 21 of the blocks should now be selected. But, the highlights are lost, and only one is selected.
We need the same functionality in the multi-block inspector (although this tab never worked correctly.)