BUG in client-server remote rendering (also 5.5RC3)
Hello, the step to reproduce this error are:
- in the paraview Settings (Render View tab) set "Remote Render Threshold" = 0
- launch a pvserver
- launch a paraview session connecting to the server
- in the paraview GUI create a second RenderView
- in the second RenderView right click and Link Camera selecting the other RenderView (the two RenderViews have a linked Camera)
- Close one of the two RenderViews
The pvserver exit with this error:
ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx, line 874 vtkSocketCommunicator (0x1882e40): Tag mismatch: got 1, expecting 22222. ERROR: In /home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_superbuild/build/superbuild/paraview/src/ParaViewCore/ClientServerCore/Rendering/vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows.cxx, line 1168 vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows (0x1cd30e0): Mismatch is render windows on different processes. Aborting for debugging purposes.
The same error occurs also with Paraview-5.3.0 If rendering is done on the client (the first step is avoided and the dimension of an object to render is less than the Remote Render Thresholf) the error doesn't occurr.
I've tried both with a Linux and Windows client but with a Linux server..