Volume rendering frequent refresh
@utkarsh.ayachit @kmorel I think I have replicated the too frequent refresh volume rendering using can.exo. I believe this happens other times, but this is a start. I am sure we can create a simpler scenario, but here is the one I know shows the refresh (both on the client side, and server side). By the way, this refresh takes about 15 seconds every time it goes off on my big data. It is maddeningly slow.
- Linux, 5.3.0, remote server (16 ranks).
- can.exo. All vars on. Apply. Move forward 1 timestep. Paint by DISPL. Opacity 0.4.
- can.exo. All vars on. Apply. Paint by VEL. Volume Render.
- Sources/ Text. Apply.
- Sources/ Annotate Time. Apply. Place in the lower left corner.
- Now, for the meat of the bug. Tools/ Timer log. Change Tim Threshold to 0.001. Clear. Close.
- Drag your mouse across the Text, towards the Tools. Click on Tools. Bring up Timer Log.
- BUG - you will see entries (Still Renders) in the local, and remote side in the timer log. This should not have happened.
- This also occurs if you move across the color legend, annotate time, etc.
- Side bug - it is incredibly easy to leave the white focus block around the text. Please get rid of this unless a user has his mouse down.
Suggestion - don't draw a focus around ANY text on the screen if you are using a preset location, or the mouse isn't down.
- Next way to create refreshes. Make ParaView somewhat smaller. Open the Timer Log, place it left of ParaView. Timer Log. Clear.
- Now, move your mouse onto the Pipeline Browser, click on the first can. Click on the second can. Back to the Timer Log. Refresh.
- Bug - more Still Renders.
- mouse-over renders triggered by annotations around 2D text
- render triggered from clicks in UI entities e.g. Pipeline Browser.
- side-bug: it is incredibly easy to leave the white focus block around the text