Fatal Nan coloring issue
We have a variable coloring issue with the 5.2.0 release. This issue is probably a showstopper for the 5.2.0 release.
Follow directions below exactly.
- Linux, Kitware 5.2.0 release, local server. Bug does not show with either Windows or OS X. Close the startup window.
- Open can.exo. All vars on. Apply.
- Edit Color Map. (Not necessary, but instructive)
- Change coloring to DISPL. Can and color legend will go blue. <<Notice that the color legend has no ticks.>> <<Notice that the text "Data range too small to render" appears in the Color Map Editor>>
- Go forward one timestep.
- Rescale to data range. <<Notice that can and the color legend go yellow - i.e., the Nan color. Nothing a user ever does can come out of this state.>>
- Change coloring to ACCL. Normal coloring. (Note that we are on timestep 1, where there is actually data in the can.)
We have not figured out how to get DISPL to work again without shutting down ParaView.