Make plot min/ max and average of a variable simple
This issue was created automatically from an original Mantis Issue. Further discussion may take place here.
I want to be able to plot the min, max and average for a variable over time. This has to work for one or more (but not all) blocks, with a dataset such as bake. Please make it simple.
Here are the convoluted steps Ken had to use to get this to work:
This is way harder than it should be, but it is working in 5.0:
- Select the block you want the plot for. You can over the mouse over the block and hit the b key.
- Run the "Extract Selection" filter on that block.
- Open the Find Data dialog.
- In the first line, choose points or cells (depending on what you want to plot), and "ExtractSelection#".
- In the first criterium line, select "ID" "is >=" "0"
- Click "Run Selection Query"
- Click "Plot Selection Over Time"
- Apply the filter that is created.
The resulting plot will show the min, max, average, and quartiles of all the variables. Select down to the one you want to see.